EMR Education Specialist (Kelowna)
We develop, market & support Canada's leading Electronic Medical Record (EMR) software & services. It links physicians, allied health providers, hospitals, & provincial information systems (e.g., labs) with secure encrypted data for improved practice & clinical management. We are the only vendor with conformed & funding eligible EMR software & services in all four Western provinces & Ontario. Med Access is also the only vendor with nearly 4,000 users, representing more than 30 medical specialties, & ranging from solo practices to medical schools to Province-wide EMR collaboratives.
This role’s mandate is to assist our clients maximize the utility of our software & realize incremental benefits & value. The ideal candidate has experience in a medical practice setting, is comfortable engaging physicians & clinic staff & can align software solutions to support clinic processes. We are looking for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented, results-driven individual with a passion for teaching & inquisitive spirit to join the Education Services team.
What we expect:
- Delivery of high quality training & advice so our customers fully maximize our technology
- A consistent record of satisfied customers
- An on-going habit of self-guided learning
- Excellent oral & written communication skills that can comprehensively describe product functionality & clinical workflows
- Working independently & managing multiple tasks for multiple customers
- Ability to work in a frequently changing environment, prioritizing what is most important & remaining focused on high priority tasks
- Diploma in relevant discipline or at least 3 years work equivalency
What you can expect:
- Experience working with healthcare clinicians in a variety of settings & providing creative technical solutions; observe their satisfaction as you teach them to make their work easier!
- Conducting needs assessment, design, development, delivery & evaluation of education materials for both internal & external customers using released & pre-release software
- Meaningfulness of purpose; an opportunity to measure & improve EMR utilization by care providers & clinical outcomes for patients
- Working alongside a team of collaborative professionals.
- Professional growth opportunities
Based in our Kelowna office, you will be equipped with the requisite tools to carry out this role. Frequent travel to customer locations will be required. You will be reimbursed for travel related expenses. You must have a current driver’s license. While the role is 40 hours per week you may be required to work outside regular business hours to meet key objectives or to deliver training to customers.
Please note that to work with Private Health information, your candidacy is conditional upon a satisfactory Criminal Record check.
If you are looking to align with an organization that sets standards others measure against, send your resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 6, 2013
Only those applicants whose candidacy best suits our needs will be contacted.Back to Career Opportunities